Nobody amongst use wishes to have a frozen phone after updating it. However, several users have complained that their iPhone X screen got frozen after upgrading to iOS 12. If your iPhone X’s screen is not responding to your taps and swipes, or if it has frozen and is just stuck, then there are ways to fix it. Let’s go through the solutions for iPhone X touchscreen not responding error after iOS 12 update.
Solution 1: Conduct a force restart
Force restart is a quick and efficient way to troubleshoot touchscreen not working issue. If your iPhone X’s screen is unresponsive, then you need to follow the steps given below and force restart it:
- Press the Volume Up button and promptly let it go.
- Press the Volume Down button and promptly let it go.
- At last long press the side button.
- Release the button when the Apple logo comes on the screen.
Solution 2: Update all apps
Certain applications may start malfunctioning when you update to iOS 12. Because of such apps, the touchscreen may stop responding to touches. Now, while uninstalling the app may get rid of the issue, you should try to install updates for such applications. After upgrading the apps, they will become compatible with the new iOS 12. Here is how you can check for app updates:
- Locate the App Store and tap on it.
- Browse the app store and locate the Updates button at the lower right-hand corner of the screen.
- You will now be able to see all the applications whose updates are pending.
- For updating applications, one by one, just select the app and hit the Update button next to it.
- For updating all the applications together, just hit the Update All button.
- When all the app updates have been installed, restart the iPhone X device.
Solution 3: Reset all settings
Certain settings may have been tweaked such that it contradicts with the functioning of iPhone X. Here’s how you can reset the iPhone X settings:
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and select General.
- Now, hit the Reset option.
- Tap on Reset all settings.
- Key in the password, if prompted.
- Confirm the action by tapping on Yes.
Solution 4: Perform a factory reset using iTunes
Try conducting a factory reset on your iPhone X with the help of iTunes. Follow these steps:
- Hook up the iPhone X to the computer with the help of a compatible USB cable.
- Launch the iTunes app on the system.
- Allow the system to recognize the connected device.
- When the connected device gets identified, click on it.
- After that, head over to the Summary panel.
- Now, hit the Restore iPhone button.
- Confirm this step by clicking again on the Restore button.
Solution 5: Restore iOS using iTunes
When restarting the device does not work, you need to restore your iPhone X using iTunes. Here’s how:
- Hook up the iPhone X to the computer using the appropriate USB cable.
- Open the iTunes program.
- Allow iTunes to identify iPhone X.
- Hit and let go of the Volume Up button.
- After that, hit and let go of the Volume Down button.
- At last, long press the Side button until the Connect to iTunes starts flashing.
- Now, you will see two options on the screen.
- Select the Update option if you do not want to lose the device data.
- If you are okay with losing data, then select Restore.