In Microsoft Office Word it is easy to open a new or existing document and to start to write. The essential elements of different types of text include headers and footers, page numbers, equations, a bibliography, a table of contents, and an index. This method is easy to change the entire position of a single sheet or a few sheets in the document. You can add landscape position sheet, a horizontal sheet layout, into that document which uses as a portrait position, a vertical sheet layout also you can use, or vice versa.
If you want that page in another position, add section breaks at the top, and the end of the sheet or you can choose text and permit Microsoft Word to add the new column for you.
You have to make a separate column in the document, and after that, if you want to change the sheet layout for that new column to a landscape position then in this article you will find how to do that.
Add Section Breaks and Set the Position
Sheet position can be changed by using the Page Layout position, Page Setup group, Orientation drop-down option. After telling the Microsoft Word where to break the sheet instead of waiting for the Word to decide, Add a Next Page Section Break at the beginning and bottom of the text, table, picture, or many more for which you want to change the sheet position.
Add a section break at the starting of the section that you like to rotate:
- Choose the Page Layout option.
- Press the Breaks drop-down tab in the Page Setup column.
- Choose Next Page in the Section Breaks column.
- At the bottom, you like to repeat the same steps given above.
- Go to the Page Setup information screen by pressing the small arrow on the right side of the page.
- Tap the Margins button.
- Choose Portrait or Landscape option in the Orientation column.
- At the end of the screen, in the Apply to option, go to the drop-down list, click on the Selected Text.
- Tap the OK tab.
Insert, Change a Section Break and Set up Orientation
Sections help you to set up your page layout and formatting options which include numbering, column, headers and footers for various parts of a document. You can format the introduction of a report as a single section, then after that format whole the body of the report as on two different columns.
You can get these breaks which were hidden by opening the Home tab in the Paragraph section and then pressing the Show/Hide tab which is titled with a Paragraph icon, and it resembles like a backward P.
Microsoft Word moves the unselected objects into other section if you don’t highlight the whole paragraph, paragraphs, pictures, tables, or any other objects. You have to check before choosing the objects you like to place in the new landscape layout position.
Choose all the pictures, text, and sheets that you like to change to the new orientation. Here’s how:
- Press the Layout button.
- In the Page Setup column, go to the Page Setup information; tap the small arrow in the lower right side of the page.
- Press the Margins button.
- In the Orientation column, choose Portrait or Landscape.
- Open Apply to drop-down list, move to Selected Text, which is located in the bottom of the screen.
- After completing all the steps, press the OK button.
Micheal Ricky is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Samuel has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.