Spotlight Search shows up different news feeds in the latest versions of iOS for iPhone, and iPad. However, some find this annoying as well. Luckily, by going through some steps, the removal of such news feed is immediately possible from the Spotlight and well as from getting displayed throughout the whole iOS search results.
Steps to remove news feed from spotlight search in iPhone and iPad
The method of eliminating news feed in spotlight search for iPhone and iPad-
- Firstly, go to ‘Settings’ on your gadget and then move to ‘General.’
- Then, visit ‘Spotlight Search’ and go downward and search for ‘Spotlight Suggestions’ and disable it by pushing the toggle to left side. This step will lead in taking out the news feed from Spotlight display.
Note: Generally, Spotlight Suggestions is located towards the screen’s middle.
- After that, look for ‘News’ over there itself and disable it too, resulting in removing the pop up of news in Spotlight search.
- Lastly, go back to your Home page and check whether the Spotlight Search portion still does have ‘news feeds’ or not.
Note: Mostly the news feed present comprises of rumors similar to what you observe in parties.
The above-given method to turn off News feeds from getting displayed at the Spotlight doesn’t specify the difference between the feature of ‘Spotlight Suggestions’ and ‘News.’
Here the difference is given-
The option ‘Spotlight Suggestions’ manages news feed from getting displayed in the Spotlight. And the disabling of ‘news’ option will lead to the regular presence of news feed presence in the Spotlight display but will not get displayed in the search results.
The method of deleting news feed from today display for iOS 10 and iOS 11
- Firstly, in the iOS Lock Screen or Home page, look for the Today view and widgets.
- Then, go towards the end and select ‘Edit.’
- After that, select ‘News’ and press the hyphen ‘-‘ symbol.
- Lastly, click on ‘Remove.’
Fortunately, after completing the above display, the Today widget display will not show the news feed that you used to hate.
- If there could have also been some authority, then it would have been better for its users to select the type of news they want and have interest in.
- People turn off the news feed feature because of no good quality information given over there.
Micheal Ricky is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Samuel has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.