As we know that Windows Defender is the default antivirus on Windows 10. It’s providing the antivirus protection for most of the security cases in our computer system. So, you have no requirement for any third-party option unless for any other issue which is quite rare. As we know, Windows Defender is not a resource hog, so it has an excellent ability play a lead role with your Windows 10 computer system.
But sometimes, you will see that the Windows Defender is not working correctly because of Group Policy. This issue you can face anytime, but you no need to worry for it, we are providing some simple ways to get immediate rid with this issue.
What to do if the Windows Defender is turned off by Group Policy
If you are getting the Windows Defender Group Policy error message on your computer screen that states Windows Defender – This app is turned off by Group Policy then you need to enable it with the help of Group Policy Editor, Settings or Registry. So let see how to do it efficiently.
Solution 1- Check if Windows Defender is turned off via Settings:-
- The first step to do is, you have to make sure and check if Windows 10 is turned off from the Settings app.
- You can check it by opening the pressing Windows Key + I to launch the Settings app, and then you need to move to Update & Security option.
- Then select the Windows Defender option from the menu and then select the open Windows Defender Security Center.
- Besides that, you can move to Virus & threat protection, and then take the step to Virus & threat protection settings at the bottom.
- Then search the Real-time protection and then enable it if it hasn’t been enabled before.
- We hope that this process will guide you.
- If this is not working for this error does not work, then you can use another way that is something a bit more difficult, so kindly follow is careful.
Solution-2 Enable Windows Defender using Group Policy:-
- First of all, you need to launch the Run dialog box by pressing Windows Key + R keys, and then you have to make sure that you have logged in as an administrator.
- Then type the gpedit.MSC into the box and move to the below-given path:
Local Computer Policy > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Defender Antivirus.
- Go to the right-pane and double-click on the Turn off Windows Defender Antivirus option.
- Now move to the Properties box which opens up and selects Not Configured and then click on the OK button.
This policy setting is able to turn off Windows Defender Antivirus software. If you are not able to enable this policy setting, Windows Defender Antivirus does not run, and computer system are not scanned for malware or other infected software.
Solution-3 Restart your Computer System:-
You should restart your computer system to see the final changes. If all will work effectively, then great.
- You should modify the Registry to turn on the Windows Defender
- Finally, after that, you need to press the Windows Key + R keys to open the Run dialog.
- Here type the regedit into the box, and then click on the Enter key.
- Doing this should open the Windows 10 Registry Editor.
- After that, search for the following key:
If you get a DisableAntiSpyware key there, then you need to delete it.
Restart your computer system and check if the error has been resolved or not.