What has been awarded as the coolest feature in iOS 11 is its capability to share passwords with some other users of iOS 11. Sharing passwords was insecure before the advent of iOS 11. Just imagine a friend has come over to your place and they want access to your home’s Wi-Fi. Now you are left with two options. You will either give them a password that is considerably risky, or you may enter it directly to their phone. It is undoubtedly a difficult process. If your router is capable like Apple’s AirPort, you may set up a guest network with its own password. It used to create high level of anxiety when people used to ask for home Wi-Fi network. It came as a relief when Apple introduced this time-saving capability.
How to share Wi-Fi passwords with friends?
The next time when your friends visit you and they ask for internet access then just follow the below steps to share your Wi-Fi connection.
Note: Both the devices must be running iOS 11.
- Apple launched a Wi-Fi sharing feature with the advent of iOS 11. Most of the people should now be on that particular version now. Be sure that you are fully updated. Just go to Settings, visit General, tap Software update and get the latest version of iOS.
- Be well connected to your Wi-Fi network.
- It may seem idiotic, but you just can’t go without following up on this part. Get connected to your home Wi-Fi. Ensure that you are connected and proceed further.
Stay in proximity
Ensure that your iPhone is near to your family member and the friend who is willing to join. The confirmation regarding letting a friend join your network is not going to pop up if you are outside the room. Bring your iOS gadgets as close as possible for better connectivity.
Let your friend join your network
- Allow your friend to join your home network. They only require to
- Go to settings.
- Go to Wi-Fi.
- Choose the name of a wireless hotspot in your home.
- They need not enter any password.
- You will get an alert regarding they are trying to join.
Permit network access
- On your iOS devices, at the bottom of the screen, you will get a pop-up that a friend is trying to join the network of your home.
- You will be induced to share your password for permitting them to join the network.
- Click on Share Password, and now your friend will have access to your network.
- Tell your friend to save the passwords so that they can join it next time too.