Microsoft Office allows the users to encrypt their documents and PDF files, which ensures that nobody else can view the file or document unless they have the password for it. Since there are a number of data breach and data theft threats lurking around, it is necessary to keep our data secure. Most of the versions of Microsoft Office such as Office 365, Office 2016, Office 2013, Office 2010, and Office 2007, allow the users to password protect their files. It is very easy to secure documents in Office 2010. Considering that Microsoft Office is very safe and secure to use if you wish to download, install, or activate Office setup then go to Office.com/myaccount.
Securing Word document
- Click on the File tab.
- Click on Save as from the drop-down menu.
- Click on tools in the file save dialog box.
- Go to Security Options.
- You will be provided a range of options by the Security Options window.
- Go to the Password to open option. If you want nobody but for you to access your file without a password, just enter a password of your wish.
- If you want other people to be able to access the word document but not be able to make modifications to it, then you may either choose Password to modify option or you can set a password of your choice to restrict others from making changes to the document.
- The security dialog box also provides various other options for the protection of the word document’s privacy. These options include but are not restricted to: removing personal information from file properties, warning before sending, printing, or saving a word document that has tacked comments or modifications, etc.
- Click on OK
- Close the Security Options window.
- Type in a file name.
- Click on Save
Securing Excel Documents
- Go to File.
- Click on Save As.
- Head over to tools in the dialog box.
- Click on General Options.
- Click on the password to open if you wish to make the file completely inaccessible without the password. Type in a password.
- If you want more refined security options, click on “Advanced.”
- If you wish to prevent people from being able to edit the Excel document but you do not want to restrict viewing, then select “Password to modify.” Enter a password.
- Click on OK.
- Write the file name in the box.
- Click on Save.
Securing Outlook PST documents
- Head to file.
- Go to Import and Export.
- From the drop-down menu, select Export to a file.
- Hit Next.
- Select Personal Folder File.
- Go to Next.
- Choose all the folders as well as sub-folders which need to be exported.
- Click on next.
- Choose the output path.
- Enter the file name.
- Select one of the three given export options:
- Replace duplicated with exported files.
- Allow duplicate files to be created.
- Do not export duplicate files.
- Click on finish.
- Go to the encryption setting. Select any one out of the three encryption options: high encryption, compressible encryption, and no encryption.
- Write in the password in the box and verify it by entering it again.
- Choose whether you wish to save the password nor not in the password list.
- Click on OK.
MS Office 2010 is an extremely productive and efficient suite. If you want to get Microsoft Office for your home or business use, visit www.office.com/setup.