As we all are aware of the Microsoft Word perfect performance. But sometimes, all of a sudden when you open your Microsoft Word application, you got the following error message: “Microsoft Word has stopped working,” It gives you an option to check online for a solution or to close the software. Depending on your situation, the answer may be different. We will try to solve all of them here in this post, and hopefully one will work for you to get rid of this error.
Some Methods to Solve Microsoft word Error:-
Please follow the below methods to get a complete rid of this Microsoft word error.
Method 1 – Rechek Office 2016/2013/2010/2007
- To repair your Office program, navigate to the “Start” button, Control Panel and click on the “Programs and Features” option.
- Then click on the “Microsoft Office” and click on the “Change.”
- Hit on the “Repair” option and then click on the “Continue.”
- Note- If you are using the latest version of Office program, you might get Online Repair and Quick Repair.
- Wait for the repairing process is finishing then restart your computer.
If you are getting again, the “Word has stopped working” error message, then follow the next given solutions!
Method 2 – Incapacitate All Add-ins:-
Sometimes add-in gets installed automatically from another program, and it can also stop your word program. In that situation, you need to launch Word in Safe Mode.
- Click on the “Start” and then Run and if you’re using Windows 7, type the following command into the search box: exe /a
For Windows 10:-
- Press “Windows Key + R.”
- Now click on the “Office” button and click on “Word program” Option. To latest versions of Office, click on the File and then Options.
- Hit on the “Add-Ins” and then disable all add-ins and try to load Word again usually.
Method 3 – Install Available Latest Updates:-
If all the above methods didn’t work for you, then you need to download and install the latest updates for your Microsoft office version.
For Windows 7:-
- Go to “Automatic Updates” from the Control Panel and get the latest updates.
- You can also visit the Office download center and download service packs for Office software which are the five below.
Method 4 – Remove the Word Information Registry Key:-
You can remove the Word information registry key by using the below-given key on your versions of Word:-
- Word 2002: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft \Office\10.0\Word\Data
- Word 2003: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ Office\11.0\Word\Data
- Word 2007: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ Office\12.0\Word\Data
- Word 2010: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Word\Data
- Word 2013: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Word
- Word 2016: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Word
- To remove the word key, right click on the Data key and click on the “Delete.”
- Now, restart Word and check if the problem has resolved or not. If not then you can try next method.
For Microsoft Office Support, Meet with Microsoft Office Customer Support:-
We hope that the given methods will help you to resolve your Microsoft word “Microsoft Word has Stopped Working” error. But still, if you have any other issue with your Microsoft Office program, you can make a direct call on Microsoft Office customer toll-free number. The outlook technician will pick your request, tell him/her your all issues or queries and give you a right suggestion. You can connect them via live chat also. So, to get more convenience with the Office work, get assistance from Microsoft Office Customer Support. And still, if you want to learn more about the same then you can visit Microsoft Office website office.com/setup.