Google’s email service, Gmail has always been demanded to provide an offline service as well. People who need to check their emails frequently were in need of the service so that they can check the emails without an internet connection. It is the times when people will be able to use Gmail even while them in a tunnel, camping or remote area with no or low bandwidth internet connection. Google revealed its Gmail Offline which will let you access your emails and even respond to them. When your device gets the actual internet network, your Gmail will go online and send all the responses. It looks interesting to use let’s see how to enable the offline service. Well, the process to enable the service is not complex at all, but if you use Google Chrome and are active on the internet, only then you can use the service.
Here, how to enable Gmail offline service
- Open Google Chrome
- Open Chrome Web store and type Gmail Offline in the left search bar
- If you can’t find it on the web store, then search on Google
- Install Gmail Offline extension
- After the installation, click the application
- To use Gmail Offline, you need to Allow Offline Mail
- The main Gmail interface of your account will open
- You can manage the emails that come to your inbox
- You can activate the Gmail offline for a secondary account
- Click the sidebar menu from the left corner
- The current email id will be displayed for which Gmail Offline is activated
- Enter a secondary account and a new account to use the service
- If you are using multiple accounts, then select Allow Gmail Offline for each account you want to use
That is it. You have enabled your Gmail offline service. Now, you can access your emails anytime anywhere and respond to them. Your Gmail will go online automatically when you get an internet network and it will unquestionably work on the response you saved while doing Gmail offline.
If you want to deactivate the service, go to the settings of web browser and scroll down to Content Settings in Privacy and Security section. Remove the Cookies from your device by selecting Remove all and it will remove the Gmail Offline service. You can use the offline version again. Only follow the same steps and keep responding to the emails even without an internet connection.
Micheal Ricky is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Samuel has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup