Instagram is a mobile-exclusive platform and can instantly edit images taken by users on the move to post on the platform. This makes Instagram an easy app to use and creates an in-the-moment experience, which as you would expect attracts more people. It keeps a record of your search history, allowing you to locate accounts or hashtags very expeditiously that you’ve looked for formerly. While this individual record may come in very handy, it has presented several potential privacy concerns over the globe.
In the matter of Instagram’s suggested list, your long-ago searches also have some impact on which people are available to you. And if you consistently have to see some unwanted users in the recommended searches and want to clear your search history so that those faces will no longer be able to appear on your timeline or suggested list, you need to follow the simple instructions given below.
Note: You can wipe out the search history of Instagram only by using the social media service’s app. These apps are generally available for multiple platforms including iOS, Android, and Windows.
- Open the Instagram app on your phone or PC.
- Sign in to your Instagram account by entering your IG name and password, then tap on the “Sign in” option. (Or you can choose the login “With Facebook” option instead.)
- Then you have to tap on the Profile button. You will find it in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. (A head and torso icon represent it.)
- Doing so will take you to your profile section; here you need to tap on the Options button. You are likely to find it in the upper right-hand corner. (It will be represented by a gear icon on iOS and Windows or three vertically-aligned dots on Android.)
- Now you will need to scroll to the bottom of the Options interface.
- And tap on the “Clear Search History” option.
- Then a message will appear on the screen asking you to confirm this action.
- Select the “Yes, I’m sure” button. Doing so will instantly clear your search history at this point.
Thank you for reading this article; I believe that the information provided in it will help you learn about how you can clear the search history on Instagram.
Micheal Ricky is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Samuel has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as www.office.com/setup