AirPlay allows people to stream an array of stuff such as songs, images, videos, etc., from an iOS or MacOS device to devices such as Apple TV. All the media can be streamed wirelessly over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. You can stream songs from your iPhone to an AirPlay-compatible speaker. If you are facing issues with AirPlay and if it is not working, then keep reading to find out how to fix them.
Common AirPlay Problems
AirPlay will not turn on after update
At times, AirPlay won’t work after you update its operating system. Users who installed iOS 11 update faced this issue. Apply the following steps to get rid of the problem:
- Firstly, you need to force restart the gadget. Press and hold Sleep and Home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- Now, tap on the Settings app.
- Go to General and tap on Reset.
- Select Reset Network Settings.
AirPlay not visible in Control Centre
Wireless networks are highly unreliable. Since AirPlay is wireless, sometimes it behaves in an unexpected manner. If your AirPlay icon is not visible in the Control Centre, then you should first check all the connected hardware. See that the speakers are working. Try restarting the playback equipment. Also, in your iOS device, check if the Wi-Fi connection is proper. Go to Settings and navigate to Wi-Fi. All the AirPlay devices and your phone should be connected to the same wireless network. If the icon does not re-appear, then you should restart the router. Power off the wireless router for a couple of seconds and then power it back on.
AirPlay unable to connect to Apple TV
If your AirPlay won’t connect to Apple TV, then here is what you need to do:
- Firstly, go to the Settings app.
- Scroll to General and select Update Software.
- Now, tap on the wireless network and select Forget This Network. Re-connect to the same network.
- Make sure that the Wi-Fi router is located near to the AirPlay devices and reboot the same.
Common fixes for AirPlay Not Working Problem
- If the AirPlay icon does not appear, then check whether the AirPlay device is switched on and not in the sleep mode.
- So that your iOS device remains awake, keep it on charging while streaming music.
- Head to the Control Center and check whether you can find AirPlay. In a majority of iOS handhelds, you can access the Control Center by swiping upwards from the base of the screen. If you have iPhone X, then you should swipe downwards from the top right-hand edge of your screen. Press and hold the Music option and select the AirPlay option located in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- If your AirPlay is not working, then you should try disabling the Bluetooth on your devices. Go to the Settings app, scroll down to General and select Bluetooth. Disable Bluetooth and then re-enable it.
- Check if any device in the vicinity is causing any interference of conflict.
- You need to ensure that the software is updated. See that your iOS device and speakers are updated, and their operating system is up-to-date.