Microsoft Office is a set of various applications, servers, and services, it’s manufactured by Microsoft Company for Windows and Mac OS X operating systems. OpenOffice software is open-source, a free program that can be available easily for everyone in the market to download on their system.
Microsoft Office and OpenOffice offered products are used for similar purposes. However, both software is different from each other. Whenever Microsoft Office is based on Microsoft Company, while OpenOffice is a free-source program, it means it is a free software for the general users and business developer. Microsoft is more popular software for users than OpenOffice program. So, today we are discussing on the Microsoft Office program or OpenOffice software.
More About the Microsoft Office:
To know more about the Microsoft Office version, you can read the below information.
- Definition– Microsoft Office is a set of different types of applications, servers and services included software such as- Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, etc.
- Developer- Microsoft is developed by Microsoft company, it is an American private company and its introduced in 1975.
- Cost of this software– It’s starting cost price is US$20 and prices may vary depending on versions.
- Operating Systems- Microsoft office is a windows supports and Mac-based platforms.
- Interface- Microsoft Office versions after 2007 included a ‘ribbon’ interface.
- Documents- All Microsoft open document files, such as doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx.
- Support- It’s developed professionally and if you have a certified program then you can receive a professional support from Microsoft office.
- Sharing- MS Office has the great ability to share its documents. Although, if you are a user who has an Office 2003 and they want to change their documents from 2007 and 2010 to 2003 format in order to read it then this will do this work easily.
- Features- Microsoft Office has some amazing components such as-Word, Excel, Outlook/Entourage, PowerPoint, Access, InfoPath, OneNote, Project, Publisher, SharePoint Workspace, Visio, Office InterConnect, Office Picture Manager. All are verified features of Microsoft office.
Know About the OpenOffice:
To learn more about the OpenOffice software, you need to go below-mentioned information.
- Definition- OpenOffice is an open-source office productivity software suite that includes some specific features as- word processor, spreadsheets, presentations, etc
- Developer- It’s designed by the star division corporation, and then obtained by Sun Microsystems.
- Cost- It’s free of cost software for the users.
- Operating system- It supports almost all platforms including -Microsoft Windows, Linux, Solaris, BSD, OpenVMS, OS/2, and IRIX.
- Interface- OpenOffice current version is similar to the MS Office 2003.
- Documents- It is supported for similar files or folders of MS Office.
- Support- It is an open source software, so a user can get help regarding this from open forums online.
- Sharing- OpenOffice also allows for the users to share documents. However, a document created in OpenOffice will only be supported by MS Office 2003 versions.
- Components- OpenOffice has some common features as- Writer, Calc, Impress, Base, Draw, Math.
We hope that the given information is sufficient to know the advanced information or service about the Microsoft Office and OpenOffice. But still, if you want to learn more about the both of them then you can visit Microsoft Office website office.com/setup.